Wednesday, December 30, 2009

On The Road





My good friend Joe, who despite freezing temps and a less than desireable forcast saw me all the way to Portland

This is a motorcycle trip, not a ski trip. Shortly after leaving Portland I was hotel bound.
 
I cracked open the throttle around 9:30 in the morning of december 29th. As I left the Seattle area the air was a cold and the skies were filled with a few clouds warning of the coming weather. Cold rushed through my helmet causing my tear coverd cheeks to feel the sting of the cold wintery air. Its hard to still feel the excitement that I had a year ago when I purchased my first map and looked at it like an excited child reading a new comic book. I know that this feeling is normal and it should eventually pass...

After all of the tinkering with the bike, saving up money, reading guidebooks, etc, etc, it is the love and confidence of Emily, my family, and my friends that have made this trip a reality. Emily has a enough confidence for boths of us and then some. Every time I doubted, she took my hands, looked into my frustrated eyes and, said "you will make this dream happen!". For this, I admire her strength. I admire her willingness to set feelings of comfort aside to support me on this journey. I have felt so loved and honored these past weeks prior to my departure. Thank you all for helping nurture this dream, and helping me see with greater clarity. It is hard for me to imagine being surrounded by more caring and loving people. You are all in my hearts. Thank you so much for making it so apparent that I am also in yours.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. So jealous buddy, I will be following this trip closely. Make sure you post often so we know you are ok.

    Shane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, cool trip. My name is also Jay Miller, and I received a couple of emails from friends of family of yours at my email address. I replied and informed them their message had not reached you but me, but I thought you should know. If you need a place to stay in Bend, send me a messge at jaymiller74@gmail.com. It looks like snow here for a few days, though. Anyway, good luck and safe travels.
    I have not lost the magic of long days;
    I live them, dream them still.
    I am master of the starry ways,
    a freeman, of the hill.
    ~GW Young

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are amazing in every way. I am praying for you every day and awaiting your safe return home in the future months to come. I love you with all my heart.

    ReplyDelete