Monday, February 8, 2010

Semuc Champey


Tonight I am in Tikal, well actually a small town called El Remate just south. Here are some photos of the place I spent the last two days. What you see is a giant limestone bridge. The river actually enters a cave and flows beneath these limestone formations. I dove into the first pool and swam and jumped my way doen to the final pool in the beautiful turquise waters.

Guatemala redefines the commonly known concept of a highway. Over the last two days I have driven well over 100 miles on gravel (actually rocks) highways. Imagine looking at a US highway map and just about every highway marked other than the interstate is one lane dirt with teeth chattering rocks driven into it. 30 mph average speed. Thank god for suspension!
Thanks for looking
Love
Jay




Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment